The single most important step toward ensuring your own safety is having a personal safety strategy in place before you need it. NRA’s Refuse To Be A Victim® program teaches the tips and techniques you need to be alerted to dangerous situations and to avoid becoming a victim. Topics covered during the seminar include:
- Mental Preparedness – Prepare yourself for any situation that may arise.
- Home Security - Securing what's inside your house, as well as outside your house.
- Physical Security – Don’t ignore your instincts – if something feels wrong, it probably is!
- Travel Security – Making sure you are safe no matter where you are.
- Cyber Security – Technological advances have made individuals more vulnerable to being victimized.
- Self-Defense Training – What type of training can you take to help you?
- Automobile Security – Equip yourself with the necessities for any type of situation.
- Personal Defense Devices – Tools that you can use for personal protection.
- Psychology of Criminals – Understand what makes a criminal a predator.
"Crimes of Opportunity" are those committed without planning or forethought; when criminals realize they have a chance to commit a crime, they seize the opportunity. Don't be an easy target.